A variety of characters are introduced in the lore and in your early cadet opponents. This is a list.
Major characters Edit
Captain Morrigan Edit
Captain Morrigan is the battle-hardened and -scarred teacher that leads you through most of your cadet training. At level 5 he graduates you from Cadet Training and gives you an airship, though you have a few final training missions after that.
Special NPC Groups Edit
A variety of groups and organizations are listed in the Special Missions. These are detailed below
- The Brotherhood - (Floic) Floic hashashins who specialize in covert operations.
- Children of Demataris - (Mixed) "Foreign mercenaries" that cause trouble.
- House Dawn - (Humans) Former household of the Imperial Court
- Red Riders - (Humans) Cavalry bandits who used to be knights.
- The Rise - (Humans) The primitive peoples who live on the continent to the East and Northeast of the Ember Isles.
Training Characters Edit
Training characters are the opponents you face when you select the Training game mode option. When you're in Cadet Training you'll face cadet versions of the opponents. At Ensign (Level 5) you'll start to face Sergeant versions. The armies that the characters use are semi-random, meaning that you won't necessarily see the same army each time you face that character. You may also run into Officer versions of the characters in PvP.
Behind the Scenes Edit
The training characters were named from Substantial Games' staff, as well as a variety of other names. This means that you might run into the real version of training characters in PvP. Some names also appear to have been added simply because of fondness on the part of the devs for classic sci-fi or the '80s.
- Andrew (Developer @ Substantial Games)
- Chris (Developer @ Substantial Games)
- Crohnsey C
- Deep Blue
- Diego (Concept Artist @ Substantial Games)
- George Michael
- John Snow
- Kenny (Animator and Rigger @ Substantial Games)
- Park (Server Admin @ Substantial Games)
- Pin (CEO @ Substantial Games)
- Xavier (Head of Marketing @ Substantial Games)